Like a well-drilled military operation or something (really? Ed) the somewhat eccentric gentlefolk of CRAPPPS hit the road Thursday to Saturday this week (12 – 14 January) on their 39th consecutive annual Plough Play tour. Made with lashings of ale and mummery goodness, the play is based on a script first performed in Cropwell Bishop in 1890.
This year’s team (in order of appearance) is:
- Jon Wood (Musician / Squire)
- Barry Nyblen (Bold Tom / Tom Fool)
- Jon Throup (Recruiting Sergeant)
- Nick West (Ribboner)
- Paul Howard (Lady Bright and Gay)
- Eddie Wathall (Threshing Blade)
- Richard Throup (Hopper Joe / Sankey Benny)
- James Byrne / Jay Reilly (Marling Ned)
- Nick Bereznyckyj (Farmer’s Man)
- Phil Wathall (Dame Jane)
- Simon Carter (Beelzebub)
- John Crawford (Doctor / Musician)
Paul Cullen will also be joining the musicians’ ranks this year alongside our guest Mr Peter Millington.
Guess what? You can click on the names linked above for some truly lovely (really again? Ed) pen pictures of our handsome and attractive cast. All biographies have been supplied by the individuals in question*.
See you at the weekend, mi duks!
- Psst! Are you a former cast member of the CRAPPPS Plough Play, or been otherwise involved with the group in the past? Guess what? Our play is turning 40! We’re planning to celebrate in 2018 and would love to hear from you. Please send a message to us via the form on the website’s ‘Contact’ page.
* = apart from one where we got bored waiting and made something up.